What you’ll be doing:
- You will proactively manage client communications and expectations to ensure client satisfaction in partnership with internal teams.
- You will define and scope client requirements and deliverables.
- You will create and maintain detailed project plans together with a lead Project Manager.
- You will collaborate with internal teams and client stakeholders to creatively solve problems and brainstorm solutions.
- You will coordinates tasks, assigns appropriate resources, and ensures proper task completion.
- You will help to manage schedules and facilitate required meetings both internally and client facing.
- You will identify risks, threats, or opportunities that could impact the success of the project, notifying the team and escalating issues when appropriate.
- You will identify deviations between project scope and desired deliverables, initiating change requests as needed.
- You will establish a deep understanding of the client's business, processes, and procedures and apply that knowledge to affect the project's success.
- You will ensure the use of best practices and apply lessons learned from previous projects; shares findings with other project management team members.
You should bring to the table:
- Minimally a recent college graduate with relevant office experience.
- Experience in, and a high comfort level with, a fast-paced, deadline-driven culture.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent communicator & collaborator.
- Accountable, takes initiative & quality focused.
- A focus on customer service and understanding customers needs.
- An understanding of industry trends, development principles, and project methodologies.
- A can-do, positive attitude and the drive to learn & grow..
- Has the ability to remain humble & appreciative.
- Versed in agile development and best practices
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Experience coordinating, encouraging and motivating internal teams
Can you bring the “Human” Factor?
- You offer help before someone has to ask.
- You are not afraid to tell a joke (even if it’s a bad one.)
- You ask “why?”
- You want to help build a better company because it is good for you and the person sitting next to you.
- You strive to find the opportunity in every obstacle.
- You smile, even frown at times, laugh, & try hard!
You're Going to Love This
- Located in historic downtown Charleston, SC. If you don't know much about Charleston, think world-class food, amazing beaches and rivers for relaxing, surfing or kayaking, and some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
- A Mac-based office; state of the art MacBook Pros and Cinema Displays at every desk.
- Complex, challenging projects and incredible clients that inspire out of the box thinking.
- An accommodating, collaborative, and open environment in which culture and personality is valued and respected.
- Involvement and input into every phase of a project.
- Competitive wages.
- Healthcare including dental, vision, and life.
- A 3% match on our IRA plan.
- Paid time off.
- Profit-based bonuses.
- Varied continuing education to build on professional and personal skills.
- Healthy Snack supply from SnackNation.
An in-house candidate is preferred for a full-time position in our Charleston, SC office so please be local to Charleston or be willing to relocate. However, we will consider a remote applicant if there is a mutual fit for skills and culture.
Recruiters and agencies need not apply.
About eHouse Studio
We love brands that believe how they sell is as important as what they sell. That’s why our team is comprised of experienced strategists who are fueled by a deep understanding of your business and customers. Our team is dedicated to building and optimizing eCommerce sites that shoppers love, and retention tactics that keep them coming back. We're an eCommerce and Shopify agency combining the best UX design, technology, and analytics to produce superior results.