What You Will Be Doing
- You will design high-quality responsive eCommerce user experiences and user interfaces.
- You will help clients build brands and convert more customers.
- You will implement and maintain eCommerce web and mobile designs patterns for new and existing clients.
- You will do design research to better deliver winning results for clients.
- You will collaborate with internal teams, developers and client teams.
- Clearly communicate your design solutions to team members and clients.
- You will provide leading-edge design solutions.
- Rigorously educate yourself on the latest design practices, software, eCommerce design strategies and best practices.
- You will provide design support for ongoing accounts.
- You will collaborate internally to continue to improve process and company growth goals.
- Has 2+ years of experience designing for web and mobile
- Expert proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- A portfolio that demonstrates not only a passion for user-centered design but a passion for visual aesthetics.
- Obsessive attention to detail and the desire to provide clients with leading-edge designs.
- A clear understanding of information architecture and user flows
- Expert knowledge of the current design trends and techniques
- A clear understanding of HTML & CSS as it affects your designs and responsive design
- Proficient at developing strong visual concepts for the web and mobile.
- Experience working with each project parameters such as the goals of the client, research work, usability, and timeline to deliver the best work possible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivation and accountability for your work.
- Has a desire for continued education and enjoys keeping up with tech industry trends and learning new strategies.
- Has the ability to collaborate effectively and communicate clearly, especially in dealing with non-design team members and/or clients
Is a creative problem solver and out-of-the-box thinker.
- Is able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Examples of responsive web design
- Experience with Shopify
- Understanding of conversion rate optimization or data-driven design (analytics, a/b testing, etc.)
- Experience developing with prototype tools
- Experience working with other eCommerce platforms (Magento, etc.)
- Experience working with an agile team
Can you bring the “Human” Factor?
- You offer help before someone has to ask.
- You are not afraid to tell a joke (even if it’s a bad one.)
- You ask “why?”
- You want to help build a better company because it is good for you and the person sitting next to you.
- You strive to find the opportunity in every obstacle.
- You smile, even frown at times, laugh, & try hard!
You're Going to Love This
- Located in historic downtown Charleston, SC. If you don't know much about Charleston, think world-class food, amazing beaches and rivers for relaxing, surfing or kayaking, and some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
- A Mac-based office; state of the art MacBook Pros and Cinema Displays at every desk
- Complex, challenging projects and incredible clients that inspire out of the box thinking
- An accommodating, collaborative, and open environment in which culture and personality are valued and respected.
- Involvement and input into every phase of a project
- Competitive wages
- Healthcare including dental, vision, and life.
- We offer a 3% match on our IRA plan
- Paid time off
- Profit-based bonuses
- Varied continuing education to build on professional and personal skills
- Healthy Snack supply from SnackNation
An in-house candidate is preferred for a full-time position in our Charleston, SC office so please be local to Charleston or be willing to relocate. However, we will consider a remote applicant if there is a mutual fit for skills and culture.
Recruiters and agencies need not apply.
About eHouse Studio
We love brands that believe how they sell is as important as what they sell. That’s why our team is comprised of experienced strategists who are fueled by a deep understanding of your business and customers. Our team is dedicated to building and optimizing eCommerce sites that shoppers love, and retention tactics that keep them coming back. We're an eCommerce and Shopify agency combining the best UX design, technology, and analytics to produce superior results.